Saturday, December 14, 2013

transfer week again

yo kids.

it sounds like you are getting stoaked for Christmas. whoop whoop. and then we get to Skype. yeah I am so excited for that! I cant wait guys. to see your lovely little faces. its gonna be fab. also it sounds slash looks like temple square was the best. I guess London temple does that too.. to bad I don't get to go. maybe one day I will come back with you all and we can go. saweet.

so the zoo was so good. you all know how much I love the zoo and it was great. I mean there were no giraffes so that was tough, but it was great! I love the zoo and there were a lot of cool Asian animals. Asian elephants. Asian otters. you know how I love Asian as well. I have decided that I want to be like russel and Julie and adopt a Chinese child.

to be honest I don't really remember what happened this week. it went by so quickly. but it was good. we walked our friend chirstines dogs for service. ok let me tell you about Christine. she was baptized about 30 years ago and went for a few years but her husband didn't love that so he took their names off. recently she got into contact with the missionary who baptized her who got in contact with the bishop who got in contact with us and we have begun to teach her and she is set to be baptized the sunday before Christmas. its amazing and so is she. she loves church and is so excited to come back! so teaching her has been really good for us as well. since she remembers most everything its good practice for us to teach her the lessons again. and she is loving it, like I said. but its awesome. I love that lady. she is going through a lot of tough things right now in her life, but she is looking forward to being baptized again.

there is a less active woman that the elders have been working with that we first contacted back with sister moser. we decided to call all of the less actives that we could and try to set up appointments with them. ellen was one of the only people that said that we could come by. we weren't able to got for a few weeks, but finally got around to seeing her. we began teaching her and working to help her come back to church and stop smoking. she was very afraid to stop smoking because last time she did she had a stoke soon after. but after we split the area she was in the elders area so they began teaching her. eventually she began coming to church and she has been smoke free for about 3 weeks. yesterday she had set up to meet with the Bishop about a temple recommend. she left during Sunday School and then came back during Relief Society. I went to speak to her after and she had tears in her eyes. she had been able to get a temple recommend. she didn't think that she would be able to get it so quickly and she was blow away. her excitement caused me to tear up as well. It was so neat. I don't know about her, but I could feel the spirit so strongly as she told me about how excited she was. she said that she was so excited she would jump if she could. she is the cutest! It has been amazing to see her grow, even if I haven't been able to teach her. she will be a part of my life forever.

we also came into contact with a women the other day whose dad had been a member. and she was so excited to tell him that she met us, she even took a leaflet. she didn't want to meet with us, but she was excited! and we talked with a couple who the wife said she would read the book of Mormon because she loves the osmonds. it was neat.

well I got the package and put up the decorations. thanks kids. I love it. it hasn't been too bad weather wise here. it hasn't rained for a bit which is good because I only have like one pair of really rubbish shoes to wear. I need to buy some new ones.. but sometimes I couldn't be bothered. soon though. fav memory is sleeping together in the same room. ill miss that this year. are you still gonna do it? best English word this week is fab. love and hate that word. its tacky but I like it. this week has been good as I have studied many things, like today about keeping the Sabbath day holy. that is so important. it is the only day we have to fully focus on the lord. its kind of like being a missionary for a day. so I want to challenge you guys to be a missionary for a day on sunday. do you think you can do it? who is up for the challenge? let me know and I will tell you the rules. ha I love you all. and I still think that I am the funniest.. yes. and grandpas favourite. ha ooook one funny thing I did this week, because you all are wondering. yesterday walking home in the dark I was singing to sister bornemann so loud. ''all creatures of our god and kind.'' she loved it.

well I think you all are great and I honestly CANT WAIT to Skype you in a few weeks. maybe I will be here maybe I will be in wales maybe ill be somewhere else. we will know tonight so next week I will let you know. thanks guys for being the best family eva. you guys rock. I know that I tell you that every week but its true. and I am glad you liked my letter. if you want to write back that would be fab. I would love that lots. love letters. k well I hope that you have another great week and enjoy the snow. I am excited to see photos of the igloo. sounds fun. love you lots and lots. don't forget to pray everyday together!! the lord loves us and wants to help us, so lets ask for that help and he will be more that happy to jump in.

love you kids.
sister j

No comments:

Post a Comment